Monday, March 24, 2008

Sparky and Patches go to college

Oh Spring! We love you so, even though you seem so scared to come out and play this year. The rain finally stopped on Saturday, so my mama harnessed us both up and we hit the sidewalk! Usually we walk around the neighborhoods in our city, but this time we were treated to a little reverse Sring Break and checked out the campus grounds of Union College, which is so close to our house, it's criminal. What a beautiful wonderland of concrete trails and mazes! Since we were reverse Spring Breaking, there was no one around, so Patches wasn't as crazy of a puppy as he usually is.

BTW, Patches got a new harness because he totally outgrew his old one! The kid is getting so big and strong...and his nose is definitely ALL BEAGLE - which is good, because most of the time we are tethered together on these walks, and he always seems to be able to scope out all of the pawesome cat turds and throw up hidden in the grass. The one thing he can not seem to do is keep his darn eyes open! (Please excuse my lipstick.)


Hey Patches!? What are you looking at?


That building behind Patches is the Nott Memorial.

The distinctive campus centerpiece, the 16-sided Nott Memorial (1875), is a National Historic Landmark and a center for lectures, conferences, exhibits and study. It is named after Eliphalet Nott, who was president of the College from 1804 to 1866, the longest tenure of any American college president.


Patches and I are both true re-blooded Americans, so when we are near an American Flag, we salute. Well, I do - Patches looks like he's about to take off with those ridiculous helicopter ears he has there.



We had such a great time checking out all of the nooks and crannies on the campus...hopefully my mama can break into (you didn't hear that from me!) one of their tennis courts so we can run free in a secured area. I'm just waiting to see Patches in action without a leash, because I have a feeling that guy is FAST!

9 comments:

Clover said...

How cool that you got to go to college! Great pics, brothers! :)
Love Clover xo

Petra said...

That looks like a great place to walk and run around! If you go back after spring break, the students will probably talk to you & scratch your ears. Motch works at a college but she hasn't taken me there yet. I wanna go!

Ferndoggle said...

All you boys need is a cap & gown! We love thost pics.

Sherman, Penny & Lola

Molly the Airedale said...

Great pictures of you guys! Nott Memorial is a very pretty building!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

CoCo said...

You guys looked like you had a great time in College. The Nott Building is very nice looking! I love the picture of Patches Posing looking off to the sunset in front of the Nott Building and the one with Patches' helicopter ears and Sparky being patriotic. Too Cute!

I've been to College at The University of Texas at Austin when Daddy and I went to pick up Mama from School. I really had to go poo, so I went in the middle of the sidewalk on campus. Daddy was so embarassed. Mama figured that I had to mark that I was there.

Very cool pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
CoCo Puff

Amber-Mae said...

Sooo kewl! Did you manage to walk inside the college too?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Mack said...

That is a beautiful college campus!

And I bet I know where the lipstick came from -- you were kisssing Paris WEREN'T YOU!!!???

Lady Kaos said...

What a cool place to go for walks! Your pictures are great!
Kaos

Toffee said...

Your human took some incredible pics of you at university! Thank you for my Easter greetings by the way. I hope that you got a chance to run off leash in that secured area that you mentioned. I, too, like to run off leash but my mom won't let me cause she knows that I will follow my nose and not pay attention to cars and such.